Faith Lutheran Church is located in the West St. Louis County city of Manchester, MO. We are a congregation of believers that exists for the sole purpose of preaching Christ and Him crucified for the sins of the world. This Good News, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, has the power to change lives. The Gospel changes us from living lives of sin and guilt to rejoicing in our new lives of forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life with God.
Our time of worship is a time to…
– Confess our spiritual weaknesses and sins
– Receive the assuring message of God’s love and forgiveness
– Seek direction from God’s Word for our lives
– Offer encouragement to each other in life’s struggles
– Celebrate the new life we have through faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior!
Our fellowship is an uplifting source of encouragement and support, because we reassure and support each other with God’s Word. Since God’s Word of love is the only answer to things like sin, guilt, and death, we don’t ever want to lose it or allow it to be diluted.
Some of the ways by which God’s love is demonstrated among us is through…
– Preaching and hearing God’s life-giving Word of love in every worship service.
– Teaching and learning His Word in Adult Bible-Study Classes, Children’s Sunday School, youth classes, and pastoral visits and counseling.
– Living lives that emphasize kindness, patience, humility, forgiving one another in love, while holding firm to His Word.
– Endeavoring to share the comfort, encouragement, and joy of God’s Word with others outside our congregation.
We strive to be Biblical in all we teach
and Compassionate in all we do!
You Are Invited to Join Us each Sunday Morning at 10:00 am!
What It Means to be “Lutheran”
There are so many churches in our day, sorting them all out can be quite confusing! There are also different kinds of “Lutherans” because the term means different things to different people. What “Lutheran” originally meant – and what it still means here at Faith Lutheran Church of West St. Louis County – can be briefly summed up with three basic Scriptural truths about how we are saved:
Grace Alone…Because we are sinners we do not deserve God’s love. Instead we deserve punishment and separation from God and His goodness, forever. But, in an unprecedented act of grace, God showered his love on undeserving sinners. God the Father sent God the Son to suffer the full punishment for our sins, and to die in our place. Heaven’s doors are open to us, not because of what we do for God, but because of what He has done for us through Jesus. Sinners are saved by God’s undeserved love – by grace alone.
Faith Alone…Jesus has suffered the full punishment for all people’s sins. But this doesn’t mean that all people will end up in heaven. The gift of salvation is free, but is received only through faith. Faith isn’t just acknowledging that God exists. Faith isn’t trying to follow a bunch of rules and commandments. Faith means trust. Christian faith means having a heart which trusts that God kept His promise to send a Savior, and that Savior is Jesus.
Scripture Alone…The only reliable way to find out what God says is through the Bible. The Bible was written by men, but authored by God. Human ideas change. Logical conclusions can be wrong. Traditions can become outdated and unprofitable. Only the testimony of the eternal and all-knowing God is completely reliable. “Scripture alone” means that the Bible stands as the foundation for our thinking in every area.